A new wave of colonial houses is arriving in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
Many of these homes, called “colonial house designs,” were created during the colonial period, a period that began around the year 1676.
These houses have been designed by artists and designers from across the country, including the late British artist Richard Thompson and the Canadian artist, Robert M. McPherson, who was also an architect.
They have been featured on CBC Vancouver’s The Gallery, and have also been featured in The Vancouver Sun.
In 2016, CBC Vancouver published a series of new photos and videos by British architect and designer, David J. Prentis, of what he called his “colonist house” from 1676 in Vancouver.
The series, titled “The Colonial House of Prentises,” explores the history and construction of this house, which was originally constructed in the 1720s and designed by Thomas Prentise.
The new series also includes a portrait of Pritis, who is credited with creating many of the designs.
Prentis was born in 1707 in Edinburgh, Scotland, to a Scottish family.
He was the son of a miller who had worked on the mill for years.
He grew up in the small community of Kilkenny, where he was educated by his mother and his stepfather, James Prentisers, and attended the University of Edinburgh.
When Prentisme was in his late teens, he took a job with a family of Irish immigrants.
Pritises was a good student and excelled in his studies.
In 1823, he became a master carpenter, and by the time he was 20, he had completed the construction of his first colonial house, called the Prentist House, which he named after his father.
Pritis went on to design other houses and other structures, including a schoolhouse, a hospital, a prison, a church, a school, a cemetery, a shipyard, a fort, a warehouse, and a port.
In fact, he was the first person to design a “home of the land” from scratch in British Columbia, in 1828.
But, Prentiser’s house was not only his work, he also had a reputation as one of the best-known architects in British history.
He was an early proponent of the idea of a British Colonial House, in which he worked on buildings like the church in Richmond and the St. James church in the city of Richmond.
Prugises house was designed as a museum, a public museum, and also a home for the British Crown.
He also designed a school for British Columbians, the Royal Military Academy at the Royal Naval School in St. John’s.
Proud of his design, Pritise moved to England in 1823 and was one of many British expatriates to live in New York City and to work in England.
He died in 1851.